Landscape Services OfficerFAM01035
Purpose of role:
To effectively manage the day-to-day landscape service ensuring delivery of maintenance is completed within contractual timeframes and within budget.
Key result areas
- To monitor, manage, enforce performance of landscape delivery in line with the
- contract and conditions across the Peabody portfolio, through site monitoring and safety inspections.
- To ensure performance of the contractor/s is consistent across the Peabody Group, ensuring delivery is of a high standard.
- To act as initial point of contact for landscape queries for the designated area and follow up as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of good practice on estate environmental issues
- To assist in the delivery of tree management service across Peabody estates and homes.
- To manage all of Peabody’s green and brown roofs. Ensuring a correct maintenance schedule is implemented and completed within given timeframes.
- To assist in re-tendering of external contracts (tree works, tree surveys and other contracts which impinge on landscape services).
- To follow Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
- To support the development team in the implementation of and reviewing of proposed new build sites.
- To support the development team in assessing the quality of landscaped schemes delivered and the maintenance during the defect liability period.
- To support the asset management team in delivering external works and minimising impact on landscaped areas and making good affected areas post completion.
- To be the first point of contact for all local authority related queries and notices.
- Work with the Landscape Services Manager to help design, budget for and successfully complete the annual landscape improvement works across Peabody.
- To attend the regional forum meetings as requested (usually once per year).
- To support the Landscape Services Manager as required.
- Support the Caretaking Services Managers by providing cover and giving feedback on estate standards.
- To manage Japanese Knotweed treatments across the Peabody stock ensuring records of properties and treatments are updated accordingly
- Support appropriate departments with party wall claims
- Support repairs with landscaping related repair enquires (I.E buddleia or tree root related damage)
Key performance indicators:
- High levels of client and customer satisfaction with the landscape service.
- All estates regularly inspected, and monitoring programme drafted and undertaken.
- Budget control; delivers value for money. Profiling budget to meet with seasonal change.
- 3rd parties meet service level agreements.
- Contractors are effective and customer focussed.
- Demonstrate a continually improving service – by client management of contractor, resident and stakeholder liaison.
- Continual development of landscaping within Peabody
- Successful hand over of new build sites on schedule
- No large insurance claims relating to poor management of trees or other landscaping.
- Contractors managed successfully as per KPI targets
- Tree management programme completed annually
- Green roof management works completed annually
- Strong relationship building skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience of contract and budget management.
- Experience of acting as a client
- Full UK driving licence
- Good administrative and communication skills.
- Knowledge of legislative framework and Acts for landscape management
- Experience of Tree Management within the urban environment
- Experience of working with social housing landlords and/or community groups
- High standard of general education
- HND or equivalent in horticulture, or significant horticultural and/or parks management experience.
No back ground check is required for this role.
Further job information is available here.