Visiting Support WorkerFAM01161
Family Mosaic is committed to support vulnerable adults who may have a learning, physical or neurological disorder. Our customers are housed within two/three or larger bedded properties where staff are on duty to support and enable. Our services are across Essex and can be within the following areas, Basildon, Corringham, Grays, Chadwell St. Mary and Epping.
You will need to have access to a car or other independent means of transport.
Please be advised that a short test will be part of the interview process.
If you are successful with the first part of our interview process, you will be asked to visit one of our services, and the outcome of the visit will be for us to assess your inter-action, and for you to consider if you have the commitment and values we require. It is also an opportunity for our customers to meet the staff that may be supporting them and for them to provide their view.
Please note, that if you are successful, your contract will be with care services as an area group and not to the service where you visit. This can be explained further to you at interview.
To deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Family Mosaic policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders.
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a key work basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required.
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan.
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities.
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carer’s and other professionals
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Family Mosaic policies, guidance and protocol
- Accurately input customer data onto a client database in a timely manner and ensure records are maintained to evidence compliance with the service specification, commissioner requirements and internal and external key performance indicators
- Work with support workers and support coordinators to manage risks to customers, staff and the community.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Family Mosaic policy.
- Promote self advocacy and advocate where appropriate for all customers
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training course
- Clearly explain the remit of the service to a range of clients and other professionals as appropriate
- Implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times;
- Maintain safe practise at all times in accordance with Family Mosaic’s health and safety policy
- Follow all relevant association policies and procedures and undertake any other reasonable requests from your line manager.
- To be able to work across the care and support directorate as required and requested by line management.To be able to fulfil and provide a service across a 24/7 pattern including weekend and bank holidays as required.To be able to undertake either awaking night or sleep in duty as required.To be able to undertake a full range of manual handling tasks, including assistance with personal care, hoists, wheelchairs and general household tasks including shopping.
- If you accept a job in Family Mosaic’s care and support services then we expect that you will be as committed to providing excellent customer service as we are – whether you are in direct contact with customers, speaking to them on the phone or dealing with internal colleagues, we expect you to meet the very highest standards of customer service at all times.
- We expect you to be as passionate as we are about making a real difference to people’s lives, and supporting them to be as independent, safe, healthy and happy as they possibly can be.
- You need to be kind and empathetic, and respect the individual characteristics and needs of the very diverse range of customers you’ll be dealing with. And you’ll need a sense of humour, an approachable manner and the resilience to cope with a busy, challenging and emotive job.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Further job information is available here.