Care and Support WorkerFAM01164
Arthur Bliss is an extra care scheme in Haywards Heath, in which Family Mosaic provides care and support to the residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To deliver high quality and effective personal care and housing related support to customers living within an extra care service, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Family Mosaic policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their care and/or housing support plan.
- Provide personal care to customers as detailed and instructed within the care plan in accordance with the Family Mosaic policy & procedures.
- Provide housing related support person-centred to meet individual needs as described in the customers housing support plan.
- Assist in promoting general social activities for customers.
- Maintain, review and update care and support plans under the guidance of the Care & Support Team Manager.
- Ensure that all procedural guidelines relating to care, housing support, administration and health and safety are observed.
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for customers in accordance with local authority and Family Mosaic policies, guidance and protocol.
- Assist the Care & Support Team Manager in liaising with the landlord/Housing Association about the maintenance and upkeep of the premises and all fixtures and fittings.
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues and the Care & Support Team Manager regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Family Mosaic policy.
- Promote self advocacy and advocate where appropriate for customers.
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training courses, as required.
- Comply with, and demonstrate commitment to, the Family Mosaic equality and diversity policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times.
- Maintain safe practise at all times in accordance with Family Mosaic’s health and safety policy.
- Follow all relevant Family Mosaic policies and procedures and undertake any other reasonable requests from your line manager.
- Additional responsibilities
- Able to work additional hours outside of contractual hours to meet operational needs at times of emergency or crisis.
- NVQ Level in health and social care preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- Recent experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people in the community or a supported living environment
- Communicate effectively and efficiently verbally, in writing and when using a Computer
- If you accept a job in Family Mosaic’s care and support services then we expect that you will be as committed to providing excellent customer service as we are – whether you are in direct contact with customers, speaking to them on the phone or dealing with internal colleagues, we expect you to meet the very highest standards of customer service at all times.
- We expect you to be as passionate as we are about making a real difference to people’s lives, and supporting them to be as independent, safe, healthy and happy as they possibly can be.
- You need to be kind and empathetic , and respect the individual characteristics and needs of the very diverse range of customers you’ll be dealing with and you’ll need a sense of humour, an approachable manner and the resilience to cope with a busy, challenging and emotive job.
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety issues relating to care and/or support of vulnerable people.
- Knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children protocols and good practice.
- Knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion as they relate to vulnerable people.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrable customer care skills.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity and a genuine desire to help people with disabilities and/or support needs connect with their community.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build and maintain effective and supportive relationships with peers and partners.
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Comprehensive IT skills to include use of Microsoft Office and ability to maintain electronic records, with attention to detail
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Further job information is available here.