Service Manager - Mental Health ServiceFAM01177
- Fixed Term
The postholder will be responsible for providing support and supervision to 4 Team Leaders who manage 2 high support mental health services, a large mental health floating support service, 3 medium support services and 20 Intensive Housing Management services.
- To lead, support, motivate and develop a group of team leaders to provide high quality accommodation and support services, to service users with mental health needs, ensuring that contractual and best practice standards are met.
- Lead in promoting the Association’s mental health services to key local authority partners and stakeholders.
- To deliver new and innovative housing and support services which meet customer and stakeholder requirements.
- Lead on the operational issues of move-on and decanting of 2 mental health services along with the head of Service. Also to assist the Head of Service with new schemes or services.
- To manage a team of Supported Housing Team Leaders effectively within the scope of the Association’s policies and procedures, service requirements and relevant legislation to ensure they effectively manage their own teams.
- To undertake quality, financial and management monitoring across area of responsibility, ensuring that resources are managed within budget.
- To increase quality standards across all schemes are met including the Quality Assessment Framework (QAF) or similar and Hackney’s internal outcomes for support services.
- To ensure risk management plans and support plans/keyworking goals meet the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- To proactively liaise and communicate with external agencies, stakeholders and commissioners.
- To participate in local relevant forums promoting the work of the Association.
- To promote continuous improvement within area of responsibility, seeking new, innovative and cost effective ways of delivering responsive services.
- To lead in the provision of services that promote independence and which provide robust evidence of positive service user outcomes.
- To actively engage in Strategic and business planning within the Mental Health Services and department as a whole.
- To participate in and undertake training activities with staff, tenants and stakeholders.
- To participate in identifying and creating new business opportunities.
- To ensure all health and safety requirements relevant to supported housing services are met.
- To take part in Tenant Involvement Training when requested and to ensure the tenant’s views are heard in relation to tenancy/support issues
- To carry out other duties in line with the above, as requested by your line manager.
- To implement the Association's equal opportunities policies and Dignity at work charter as an integral part of these duties at all times
Getting the basics right
- Managing motivating coaching and developing a dispersed staff team - Essential
- Ability to prioritise, be proactive and manage own workload - Essential
- Experience of managing budgets - Desirable
- Excellent communication and IT skills - Essential
All About the People
- Ensuring a high quality of support is given to our customers including through support planning and risk assessments - Essential
- Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding a vulnerable adult client group - Essential
Homes to be Proud of
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining high levels of Health and Safety standards in Supported Housing services - Essential
Experts in our Field
- Experience of working with a mental health client group - Essential
- Knowledge of best practice in supported housing for service users with complex mental health needs including dual diagnosis - Essential
- Experience of revenue funding streams via supporting people, Adult Social care, personal budgets, mental health trusts and Primary Care Trusts - Desirable
- Knowledge Of outcome monitoring and meeting legal and contractual requirements - Essential
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Further job information is available here.